Embedded Android + Automotive
Dieser Kurs wird in englischer Sprache durchgeführt.
Android Automotive OS is a version of Android tailored for In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) - navigation, vehicle status, audio, and more. The source code for Android Automotive is available as part of the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), on which this course is based.
Datum Ort Status Aktionspreis Buchen 30.11.2020 München 30.11.2020 Virtual Classroom LIVE
- Introduction to Android
- Android architecture: the big picture
- The Android Open Source Project (AOSP)
- Building Android from source
- The impact of Project Treble
- Creating a new Android product
- The structure of an Andoid device
- Setting basic hardware characteristics
- Adding the product to the "lunch" menu
- The kernel
- Looking at some Andoid-specific changes to Linux
- Building Linux from source
- Booting Android
- Options for storage layout
- Flashing images using fastboot
- Android init: events and services
- Understanding run command (.rc) scripts
- The Android build system
- Building a product from packages and modules
- Creating packages and modules using Android.bp and Android.mk
- The Android framework
- Understanding Android services
- The role of binder and AIDL
- Adding a custom system service inside a persistent app
- Accessing the service from a platform library
- How Android permissions work and how to add your own
- POSIX user ID and group ID within Android
- Understanding and modifying SELinux policy files
- The Hardware Abstraction layer
- HIDL - the HAL Interface Definition language
- Run-time linking and the Vendor Native Development Kit (VNDK)
- The Vendor Interface (VINTF)
- Testing; CTS and VTS
- Validating your Android implementation using the Compatibility Test Suite, CTS
- Testing the Vendor HAL using the Vendor Test Suite, VTS
- Android Automotive
- Android and IVI (In-Vehicle Infotainment)
- The architecture of Android Automotive
- Building Android Automotive from AOSP
- The Vehicle HAL
- Interface to vehicle buses (e.g. CAN)
- Defining and exporting Vehicle Properties
- Subscribing to vehicle events
- The Car API
- The Car Service
- The android.car.* classes
- Writing system car apps
- 3rd party car apps
- Audio in Android Automotive
- Audio in normal Android
- Audio policy configuration
- Integrating Android audio with the vehicle audio system
- The Exterior View System
- Meeting the 2 second boot requirement
- The Exterior View System (EVS)
- The EVS camera and display HALs
- Introduction to Android
The first part of the course gives a detailed background on the Android operating system, following the same
curriculum as the 2net Embedded Android course. In this section, you will learn how to build Android from
source and run the system images on the target device. You will learn about the Android security framework
and SELinux policy. All code and examples are based on Android version 10 and covers the new hardware
abstraction layers introduced in Project Treble.
Once the ground work is in place, the later topics show how the services and features that are part of Android
Automotive provide the framework for an IVI system. You will begin by building Android Automotive from
AOSP and then see how it integrates with vehicle networks, such as CAN bus, via the Vehicle HAL.
You will also find out about the new Exterior View System which ensures the video stream from the exterior cameras
is presented to the driver within 2 seconds of booting the device.
Roughly half of the course is taken by hands-on lab sessions during which you will apply the theory to create
an Android Automotive device. At the moment it is only available on-line, using a virtual classroom.
You will be building AOSP in the cloud and downloading images so they can be tested locally using the Android
- Good knowledge C/C++ and Java
- Familiarity with embedded Linux concepts (toolchain/bootloader/kernel/root filesystem)
- Familiarity with Linux command-line tools such as make, grep, and find
Zielgruppe:This course is ideal for system architects, engineers and project leaders who want to learn the details of Android Automotive.
- Electronic copies presentations and lab notes
- Worked solutions to the problems
- About the Trainer:
Chris Simmonds has a wealth of experience in customizing Android for embedded systems. He has been running training courses and workshops in Android since 2010 and has trained teams at many well-known organisations in the UK, Europe, USA, South America and SE Asia. He is the author of the book "Mastering Embedded Linux Programming", and is a frequent presenter at open source and embedded conferences, including Embedded Linux Conference and Embedded World.
- Täglich 9.00 bis 17.00 Uhr
Sie interessieren sich für eine Inhouse- oder Firmenschulung?Anfrage
Diese Seminarform findet ausschließlich mit Teilnehmern Ihrer Firma in unseren oder Ihren Räumlichkeiten statt und wird individuell auf Sie abgestimmt.
Sie bestimmen die Inhalte, den Zeitpunkt und Dauer des Seminars.
Gerne unterbreiten wir Ihnen eine Angebot. Füllen Sie hierfür bitte unser Anfrage-Formular aus.